Davidson Timing is a small-town timing company that can give your race a big-city feel. We’re running buffs ourselves, and we know what it means to have a great experience at a race. Racers want to know how their performance stacks up — against their PR and against the other competitors in the race.
Too often, we’ve found that local races, while they have great community support, don’t get the level of service they deserve from their timing company. Competitors sometimes hang around for hours after a race waiting for the results, only to leave in frustration and hope they’ll find the information they need online.
At Davidson Timing, we put the competitor first. Our electronic timing system enables us to post results online fast—even during the race when phone or internet service is available.
Our services include
- Complete finish line management including a 10-foot finish arch and optional customized race banners.
- A state-of-the-art electronic timing system using Jaguar RF timing technology, accurate to within 1/4 inch.
- Optional chip-timed starts with our new Platinum timing system and 15-foot arch
- Finish-line computer display featuring finish time and runner name.
- LED finish-line clock.
- Disposable bib tag timing chips, so athletes don’t have to remember to turn in chips or follow confusing instructions to attach to their shoes.
- Racing bibs / numbers for no extra charge, or optional customized bibs.
- Race-day registration, and optional online pre-race registration including credit-card acceptance. Or we’ll import your registration database or hand-enter your physical entries for no additional charge.
- Printed result reports every 15 minutes. Online results within 60 minutes of race finish when internet or phone service is available.
- Generator and battery backup system guarantees complete and accurate results even if there is a power outage.
- Searchable online archive of all race results.
Summit Twilight Racing Series
The Summit Twilight Racing Series returns for its fourth year in 2015! Each of three races starts in Davidson, North Carolina and is followed by a Race Festival featuring live music, food, beer, and more.
Once again this year there will be a point competition for all runners entering the races in 2015. More information coming soon!