Davidson Timing is a small-town timing company that can give your race a big-city feel. We’re running buffs ourselves, and we know what it means to have a great experience at a race. Racers want to know how their performance stacks up — against their PR and against the other competitors in the race.
Too often, we’ve found that local races, while they have great community support, don’t get the level of service they deserve from their timing company. Competitors sometimes hang around for hours after a race waiting for the results, only to leave in frustration and hope they’ll find the information they need online.
At Davidson Timing, we put the competitor first. Our electronic timing system enables us to post results online fast—even during the race when phone or internet service is available.
Our services include
- Complete finish line management including a 10-foot finish arch and optional customized race banners.
- Large finish-line timer display.
- A state-of-the-art electronic timing system using Jaguar RF timing technology, accurate to within 1/4 inch.
- Disposable bib tag timing chips, so athletes don’t have to remember to turn in chips or follow confusing instructions to attach to their shoes.
- Racing bibs / numbers for no extra charge, or optional customized bibs.
- Race-day registration, and optional online pre-race registration including credit-card acceptance. Or we’ll import your registration database or hand-enter your physical entries for no additional charge.
- Printed result reports every 15 minutes. Online results within 60 minutes of race finish when internet or phone service is available.
- Battery backup system guarantees complete and accurate results even if there is a power outage.
- Searchable online archive of all race results.
Summit Twilight Racing Series
The Summit Twilight Racing Series returns in 2013 following its inaugural year in 2012. Each of four races starts in Davidson, North Carolina and is followed by a Race Festival featuring live music, food, beer, and more.
New for this year: A point competition for all runners entering at least three of the races in 2013. Click here for more information.